Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Poof, just like that.

Well, hello there Mr. Blog. It's been a while...a loooong while, but I promise my absence is not without reason. While I was away, I accomplished quite a feat.

Rewind to Tuesday, June 1: We go to what we soon learn will be my last OB appointment.
Doc: "Well, you're a week overdue and it doesn't look like she's coming on her own. Time to do this thing!"
Me (deathly afraid of being induced): "I think we could wait a few more days. I'm sure she'll come on her own time, and I'm completely comfortable (lie)."
Doc: "See you tonight at 6 pm!"
Me (Big swallow, big breath): "OK..."

We make a reservation with the hospital, which is the strangest thing I've ever done. "Yes, I'd like a room for two, make that three, with a big bathtub, and a rocking chair. And don't forget the transformer bed!"

Throughout my pregnancy I had dreams of what the big day would be like. How would I know I was in labor? How long would I labor at home before heading in? How fast would the hubs drive to the hospital? Would he take the route I wanted? Well, I never had to worry about any of this because this girl was not coming out on her own. Why should she? She had a great menu of tasty foods and a nice warm bed...what more could a girl want?

Fast-forward to June 2 at 11:55 p.m.: Yes, you read that right...31 hours after checking into the hospital, our beautiful little Bean was born. To say that I "labored" is an understatement, but so is saying that it was worth it. I never could've imagined what she brings to my life.

So now I'm a mom! Poof, just like that. I have so much to share so stay tuned for posts on everything from nursery design to look-at-what-my-kid-can-do...and the occasional papery post :)

No comments: