Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Sliced, I Shredded, I Conquered

OK, so those very few of you reading this blog may or may not know that I do not cook. There are some dishes that I am capable of making, such as mac-n-cheese, but I simply choose not to. There are other dishes that make my brain hurt just thinking of how I would prepare it. And then there's the hubs, who loves/lives to cook, and is therefore an enabler in my everlasting aversion to the culinary craft.

For some ultra-strange reason, I got a bug up my bum to try a recipe I found on The Pioneer Woman's blog (who I am in love with and who I believe gave me the virtual balls to try her recipe).

Spinach & Mushroom Quesadillas...bring it.

The hubs was excited in that giddy schoolgirl way when I told him my plan.

I sliced the mushrooms. I hate mushrooms and the whole time I was cooking them I kept shocking myself with the thought that I was actually going to eat these things...knowingly, deliberately going to eat these things. These post-partum hormones are seriously doing a number.

I used cooking sherry. I didn't even know we owned cooking sherry before this night.

I sauteed spinach. I've never sauteed anything before this night.

And then I prepped the cheeses...monterray jack and goat cheese. I knew how to do this because I.love.cheese.

On go the tortillas. Something funny to note: I asked the hubs what happened to that quesadilla maker we had b/c I wanted to use it for this recipe. He had a good laugh over that one. Butter the tortilla, throw it on the grill, slap on your ingredients, and top it off with another tortilla. Flip when melted together.

Quesadilla maker? We don't need no steeenking quesadilla maker.

Dinner was served! The hubs took one bite, and I knew he was seriously impressed. He looked at the food, looked at me, and then up came the hand for the high five.

Spinach & Mushroom Quesadilla...it has been brought'n.

No comments: