Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Top 5 Baby Must-Haves

Yesterday I found out that I had won an online contest where you shared the top 5 must-haves for baby-raising. It was a Monday, and you know how those go...draggy, boringly, unmotivatingly, blah. I checked my email and noticed a message from an unknown. Thinking "crap, someone spammed my damn account again," I almost deleted the message. Why I decided to read it is still unknown to me, but I'm so thankful I did! My top 5 must-haves were the best! OK, no they weren't, but I like to think that I wrote my entry so eloquently and my mommy rhetoric was just enough to persuade them to choose me. Glad to see that Master's in Professional Writing being put to good use.

I called my husband to tell him that I had won (a $50 gift card to Paper Culture...check 'em out, they're awesome), and immediately the image of the dad on A Christmas Story popped into my head. Realizing he had won the grand prize from a puzzle, he immediately breaks out into song and dance "Tonight tonight tonight, hot damn it's coming tonight!" The hubs and I had a nice, long giggle over that.

Sometimes it just feels good to get that outside verification that you know what you're doing, even if really you have no clue.

Winning entry below!

1. Boppy pillow – Not only was it a back/shoulder/arm saver during nursing, but I turned it around and propped my lil one in it when she was an infant. As she’s grown, she’s used it as a pillow in her playroom.
2. Ergo and Baby Bjorn baby carriers – Ergo worked better for mom, Baby Bjorn fit dad better.
3. Sophie the Giraffe – This teething wonder never left my daughter’s side. And because she started teething at 3 months, it’s her oldest friend
4. Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe blanket.
5. Newmann’s Nipple Cream – Kinda graphic, I know, but this handmade salve worked much better than lanolin and didn’t leave the sticky residue.

No comments: